View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #17
Big D KC

Default Re: Need some advice on long term aging!

Yea I had read about the heating way of getting a good seal, and honestly the whole process just seems like a huge hassle! (I wont be messing with the wax sealing either!) Thats why when you mentioned the vac sealer setup I became very interested! Seamed way easier, I just wasn't sure of the thought vac sealing the jars. But I am ok with it now. I agree that there will be some air left in the jars and I think it should be enough to facilitate aging.

Hermit I appreciate your help greatly! I may end up bugging you a couple times over the next week as things start showing up since you've been down this path before! One question I still have you didn't address is in your very first reply, you mentioned small jars and that you usually got 3oz per jar, is that for the half pint small jars or whole pint? Do you happen to have a pic of one of your jars all sealed up? I am still curious about how much I should be putting in each jar and how much air space should be left.

ok Baccy is ordered, Foodsaver is ordered, now to hunt down them damn jars over the weekend!