Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cool site/idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODLS1 View Post
So is Dreadnaught. I've had both. Elder didn't live up to the hype. Very good, but overhyped IMO. I'd take a Dreadnaught over Elder any day.

BA and RB ratings I take with a pile of salt. Soo many beers are overrated (3F included) simply because of hype and limited availability, while there are some more easily accessible beers that don't rate well simply because of that, when they are fantastic beers. I've met a number of people big in the communities on there, many of which were snobby douchebags, so it all makes sense. I feel most people on there don't even know much about beer, just that limited stuff is awesome. Now I'm not saying this is true for everyone, but it is prevalent. (just a rant I decided to throw in there, not directed toward anyone)

Of course, my IIPA is the best in the world . Just finished the boil, cooling down now. Can't wait!
I don't think there's any question that both are excellent beers, but the conversation was about Pliny, not a debate about which is the best double IPA.

If you prefer Dreadnought that's great. Some people like Cuban cigars, some people like Dominican cigars, some like Nicaraguan, some like Honduran. There's plenty of room for all of them and "best" is often relative to the tastes of the person bestowing that rating.

As for BA - whatever. I grabbed that link so Robert could read a few flavor descriptions of the beer other than those published by the brewer.

Last edited by T.G; 01-05-2011 at 07:07 PM.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote