Old 02-25-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough
Default Betsy Ross Cigar - 100 Year Old Cigar

Betsy Ross cigar. Rolled in PA 1916~. Likely a clear Havana. Purchased about 10 years ago from a fellow BOTL on this board. A few of these are floating around and I've seen one review that made me a bit apprehensive.

Feb 22 2017. 65 degrees outside.

Appearance: Cello is brown and shows the cigars age. Out of cello, the cigar displays a hard crystallized plume. I thought it was mold before unwrapping from the cello. Feels slightly dry and firm but kept at 65 for the last 10 years.

Pre draw- light mild tobacco. Tea notes. Perfect draw.

My concerns about this one being either off or dead are immediately pput to rest after lighting. It's good! After lighting predominant tobacco flavor with bitter chocolate and cinnamon notes. Brown full smoke.

1/3 hints of cherries and walnuts. Much more complex then I was expecting. Burning crooked. Still a little bit of pepper on the finish for a 100 year old cigar. Perfect amount to not over power the complex flavor.

1/2 Chocolate predominant. More black pepper. Pepper & tobacco getting more now dominating. Back to dark chocolate. Floral notes on nose exhale. Really delicious!

2/3 floral notes picking up. Sweetening with notes of cinnamon & graham on exhale. More black pepper on finish. Label off Ash fell. Burn evening.

Getting close. Slight bittering. Slow draw Full bodied full flavored tobacco walnut notes. Still tasty. Oak notes on finish. Peppery. Fingers burning. Slower draw reveals some sweetness and fruity notes but it's close. Getting too hot. Have to put it down.

Just a beautiful and delicious cigar. Much better then I could've expected and even could've hoped for. Very complex and spicier then I'd expect for such and old cigar. Glad I finally smoked this one.
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote