Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: You Lousy Bastages!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Pilon and cafe Bustello are both not bad and probably dear to your South Florida heart.

Once you run your first grind of fresh roast, there will be no turning back.

I think Norm over at Unclebeanz will be back up and running by the time your grinder arrives.
Pete,
Help me out.

I can understand the need for a top notch espresso machine due to need for heat for brew, etc.
I can understand the need for a quality grinder due to consistency of grind and freshness of ground coffee at moment to be brewed.

That said, when speaking to a guy that is nearly 52 and has been drinking Cuban espresso ever since he can remember his first thought or words, who likes a strong brew (remember, Cubans judge their espresso by the ability of a spoon to stand in the cup), what can I expect from these other coffees you allude to?
Remember, compared to Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, etc, our Cuban coffee is STRONG!

Will these coffees from unclebeanz meet that need we Cubans have? What is so different or wonderful that we can expect? For me, Pilon Gourmet is amazingly good coffee. Can't imagine what others can be like but would hope in the end, we get the flavor that I am accustomed to for nearly 52 years.

I am willing to try something new to see. What do you guys recommend from unclebeanz that would satisfy a life long espresso aficionado like me?

BTW,
In case I forgot, I HATE YOU GUYS!!!