View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 06:27 AM   #27
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My Lease Return Fee Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
Great story, call them a hundred times today.

Last year I got a call from my alarm company saying I'm delinquinet and my account will go to a collection agency. Apparently when they installed the alarm they did not add up the various fees correctly. I had paid them what they told me to pay, but they had made an error of 50 cents. Idiots!

That reminds me of an old phone bill. I had the line disconnected when I moved. I paid the last bill and thought I was done. Nope. I got a new bill for $0.13 about a month later. It cost them more than the debt in postage (yes even the metered kind). I didn't want to pay it on principal that it would cost me more in postage than it would to pay the bill (plus I would have had to waste a check which weren't free). Not to mention, I wanted to see how many times they would send me a bill for $0.13. Total, twice. I'm guessing at some point either a human being figured it wasn't worth it and cancelled it, or their computer software was updated to negate any bill under the cost of postage.