Thread: Poultry prep
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poultry prep

I do whole wings on the grill, and they are crazy good. I usually serve them with butter noodles and peas.

To prep the wings, I salt them. More salt than anyone would ever imagine possible. That's the key. It preps the skin to suck in the marinade later. Plus the marinade washes it off. I can't stress this enough. If you rolled the wings in salt it wouldn't be too much.

The Marinade:
A stick of butter
1/2c. Red Wine vinegar
Tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp minced garlic
1/2c. dried parsley
Pepper or other seasonings if you like. I sometimes use some Nature's Seasonings, that's all.
Heat up all this stuff in a saucepan till the butter just melts but does NOT separate.

Once the chicken is about done, start slathering on the marinade with a paintbrush. It flares up, burns the hair off your arms, and singes your eyebrows.
Flip, repeat.
Flip and repeat as many times as you have marinade.
If you want, make extra marinade and save some for dipping.
Eat and fall in love.
Seek medical attention if necessary.