View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #50
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cuban-Style Pork & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
It was excellent. However, we both learned that paprika is not always mild. The paprika I bought/used for this dish was a bit hotter than we expected. I enjoyed it but it was a bit too spicy for Nancy. She loved the flavor but the heat was too much for her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Only that I bought it at a local Indian market. I had no reason to think it would have been hot.
Just picked up on this recipe...Peter, you should be ashamed of yourself mixing Kosher salt and pork...how could you betray all the Hebrews on the board?

Seriously, sounds like a great recipe, even though I don't eat much meat anymore I still eat shrimp...one thing, if you bought the paprika at an Indian grocer, what you probably got was the hot Hungarian paprika that Hungarians are know for in their dishes...and that's straight for the horses, er, Hungarian's mouth...Marie and I are both of Hungarian derivation and we use that in just about everything requiring paprike...love it...and my step-mother makes my grandmother's old recipe for Chicken Paprikash...yum...