View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #73
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Ade, Good on you!

Wanger, You have a winner in that wife of yours....

Steve, OUCH on the wreck....what happened? What do you think about the switch(Shimano to SRAM)?

Time & if needed, money, well spent.....
A dumba$$ decided not to keep his line or accelerate coming out of a corner (it was a crit) and washed out my front wheel. After that I really don't remember what happened except for what people told me. I blacked out (probably from the amount of pain) and all I can remember is getting put in the ambulance, explaining to them that they didn't need to cut my team jersey (because it was full zip) and then being brought into the ER at Yale-New Haven.

As for the switch from Shimano to Sram... Love it so far. I have about 100 miles on it since last week and I notice significantly less drivetrain drag and noise. The new Yaw front derailleur works just like its suppose to (I think as well as my old ultegra SL) but it was a b*tch to setup (first one in the shop and no one knew the tricks yet) and it still needs a bit of adjustment to get it 100%. I still dont have the new crank (probably buying the new sram red quarq in a few months)or the new cassette (probably getting it at the same time as the quarq) so I won't be able to report on the full setup for awhile. The only downside so far is the shifters are insanely loud and would be a dead giveaway in a race if you were trying to stealthy.

Last edited by CigarGuy88; 04-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote