View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #60
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermeter?

I also order two kits from morebeer.com. it was the first order and an hour after I paid for it I got an email saying they were out of stock on something I wasn't so sure about them at that point. So I called the next day at 9 but they are cali time so I had to wait until 1200. when I finally got through they had the product back in stock they shipped it later that day. So all's well that ends well. We'll see how the kits are. Free shipping for orders of 60 beans. Which for this order was 20 lbs

Scottish Export 80/- (Extract)
(Makes 5 gallons) This Scottish Export has a rich malty character balanced by a firm Glacier bittering hop. Bready toasted notes will come through as you drink it. Scottish Exports are great session beers and are meant for bulk consumption. The 80/- represents the original tax applied to the beer style in Scotland. The beer style is pronounced eighty schilling. This kit includes our dry yeast Safale US-05.

Estimated Original Gravity:1.045-49
SRM (Color Range: 17
IBU's: 28-37 Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 4%

Extra Special Bitter- Extract

(Makes 5 gallons) Big, smooth malt flavor and the mellow aroma of Vanguard hops. In the English draft style, with a firm hop bitterness and mellow hop flavor. The extract for this kit is made entirely from Marris Otter Pale Malt, which lends a great flavor to this beer.

Estimated Original Gravity:1.045-49
SRM (Color Range: 11
IBU's: 39-42 Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 4.5%

Color Chart

Last edited by kenstogie; 11-06-2009 at 05:16 PM.
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote