Old 05-23-2015, 10:03 PM   #209
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tom Brady

This discussion on sports is excellent!!!!

Without debate, I think?, sports are a collection of rules and since sports have been invented, flexing the rules a bit and not getting caught gives you an advantage. When your caught, sucks to be you, but it's hard to honestly say that's the ONLY thing your bending the rules on which in this case is why I think the penalty was ridiculous because this is the second time getting caught bending the rules and they need to get smarter in hiding problems.

It's hard for me to imagine that the Colts for example aren't bending the rules somewhere and let's just start at the drug policies. Drugs in sports are a reality because humans seek an advantage especially when a great deal of money or fame is on the hook. There have been many articles written about how teams cheat the drug rules to the point of catheters being used to put IN fresh untainted urine and the team doctors assisting in this process as well as the same doctors helping collect samples to be tested. hmmm......

Anyway, I think sports represent the gladiators of today and as gladiators, I respect their desires to push to insane limits but I also respect the desire to create an even playing field. So if you get caught, suck it up, pay the fine, and cheat smarter.

My two cents.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote