View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #222
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermeter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Stuck fermentation what to do? So I am brewing a wheat stout and been in the primary for a week. OG 1.060. Current Grav is 1.030 but shouldn't have dropped more? It didn't seem to bubble much like usual brews. I used liq Ale yeast. I took a quik taste, it wasn't bad and had what I would describe as a fizz to it. Does this mean it's still fermenting?
Posted via Mobile Device
You're going to have to give some details of the recipe to make a better determination, but I would say just give it some more time, one week is not that long. The fizz is dissolved CO2 which is and indication that it has been fermenting recently or currently, even after the beer is done fermenting though there will still be some dissolved CO2 in the beer. I think you just need to wait a while longer, it's hard to make hard and fast rules about homebrewing, like "primary fermentation will be done in a week, two weeks in secondary and three weeks to bottle carb. " Doesn't always work exactly like that. Let's see the recipe and keep us updated, but don't check the gravity every day, wait at least a few before trying again, then if it is still at 1.030 we can look for a fix.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote