View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #25
rrplasencia
monica lewinsky

First Name: Richard
Trading: (55)
JL Navy (Served With Honor)
rrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of lightrrplasencia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sometimes you call a spade a spade

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
I understand the logic of what you're saying, Kelly, but I have to disagree a bit. If we're truly only as good as our last trade, then why not configure the system to only show the last trader feedback? In my mind, the feedback system COULD be useful to gauge a members overall ability to follow through on his commitments to other members. If nothing else, it shows a pattern. Should that pattern be strewn with negative feedback, I would think it would cause some people to think twice about dealing with the person -- or at the very least, take the necessary precautions; having the other guy ship first, for instance. But if I get dicked over by someone and fail to leave trader feedback, I basically give the offending member a pass to do it again to someone else.

That's not to say your point isn't without merit. I have 100+ trader feedback, but I COULD just decide to put the royal screwing on the next guy I deal with. However, the pattern I've established suggests otherwise.

The system isn't foolproof, but it's all we've got. And it can be very useful, IMHO, but only if we use it in the manner it was intended.
i've had several transactions with a botl here, i never had any problems, he was great to deal with, i didn't know that he had some issues with a buddy of mine on the forum that was now being handled by the 11, think you eventually kept him out of wts threads, maybe if you get dinged you should be kept out of wts for a certain time, but it goes back to you have to be honest with feedback