View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #61
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King James View Post
The camera sucks ass. They hyped up that it is 5 MP (although MP really don't matter after a certain extent and I hate that companies and best buy use this as the 1 major thing to look for) but I'm still hoping it is software related and not a problem with the camera itself....only time will tell.
I think I can tackle this one, I used to be a photographer.

10% software, 90% hardware.

The somewhat random exposure results are caused by poorly designed metering software. HOWEVER the washed out look is due to the nature of the LED flashes. The color temperature of the flashes is off, they don't "spread" the light enough, and range is very limited, so you get a hotspot on anything close because the camera is overexposing trying to show the far away stuff too....

Other half of the hardware problem is the sensor - it just plain SUCKS. all that hideous shadow noise is due to that, and there's no updating or fixing that.

Long and short of it, don't expect any significant improvements to the camera from a software update... it's just not gonna happen.