View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Padilla Artisan Perfecto aka Padilla Burberry

I bought this 5.75 inch ring 54 figurado at the Padilla shop & factory at Calle Ocho in Miami but the cigar is also for sale at cigarsinternational.com but it is backordered at the moment. It is a Nicaraguan puro with 3 different wrappers in a crisscross pattern that makes this cigar a work of art. Ernesto Padilla made these cigars at an event as a special but they are so popular that cigarsinternational.com decided to sell them too.

The predraw is a bit on the easy side and leaves me with a dry, raisin like, flavor on my lips. After lighting the cigar I taste some dry grass with a lot of white pepper. Even though the white pepper flavor is full, it is not overpowering. The flavors are warm and I can taste milky chocolate.

After an inch the pepper mellows down and I taste a flavor similar to walnuts that is replaced by chocolate again around the middle of the cigar. The texture is creamy. I can taste some nuts again before the grand finale that lets me experience pepper and nuts.

This cigar produces a lot of smoke, and due to the different wrappers, the color of the smoke changes. The first smoke was blue but it turned to white smoke later on. The ash is light colored and firm. What strikes me most is the burn, I mean, I always have problems getting the burn straight on a figurado like this and with the 3 different wrappers in a strange pattern I was expecting the worst, but the burn was razor sharp.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yeah, the flavors are nice and the cigar itself is a nice conversation piece.

Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 10 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 8 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10