View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 04:56 AM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robusto

This is a review from May 07

Some time ago I got myself a Rocky Patel vintage 1990 robusto, a 140mm long ring 50 cigar made with a 12 year old Honduran broadleaf wrapper and a 7 year old filler and binder. This particular cigar received a ‘best of the best’ at the 2004 Robb report and a 92 score at Cigar Aficionado so my expectations were high.

It is a beautiful cigar, pretty wrapper, nice stylish band, a real looker and it also feels good. The predraw was light and easy and lighting this cigar was a piece of cake. An easy draw but no flavor. It took a few puffs to finally get a flavor and it was very light leather which grows stronger when I reach the 1/3rd point where a hint of cacao and a light fresh sour flavor also enter my palate. Somewhere around the half of the cigar the cacao grows a bit stronger but it’s still to light for my taste.

The ash is beautiful, white & gray and firm of construction. Just before I reach the half of the cigar the burn starts to get crooked so I have to correct. My correction was just a short success because the burn keeps on getting crooked and I keep on correcting. It is hard to keep this cigar burning correctly

This cigar is mild bodied, way too mild for me. Maybe I should try the 1992 vintage, that cigar is medium to full bodied according to the Rocky Patel website.

Would I buy this cigar again? No.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote