View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #7
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar Federation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Here is the latest from CF... I got their note that Stolen Throne is back in stock. I clicked the link, and here is what I found. Highlights mine. While I have not had this particular stick yet, this hype is a bit over the top for me.

**CIGAR FEDERATION EXCLUSIVE!!*

This is a momentous day! STOLEN THRONE IS BACK IN STOCK!

Stolen Throne launched last year and fast become the fastest growing and most popular new brand in the industry! They've been working with master blender Noel Rojas in Texas to create cigars that are truly phenomenal! (If you've smoked one, you understand how insanely good they are!)
Heh. Yeah that's a perfect example of their emphatic/over the top marketing
But imo, despite the excessive exclamation points and hype, Stolen Throne Crook of the Crown is an excellent cigar at the end of the day. Easily the strongest Maduro I've smoked in the last year and packed with flavor. Planning to buy 20+ more if I can just find them in stock during a sale.

But yeah some of their stuff is hit or miss - and I agree, they write about each one like it's the best cigar ever created so I definitely understand the hesitation. I've always found that it pays to look up more than 1 review for a given cigar and/or look for feedback here at the Asylum.
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote