First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: More Questions :) What is Cellaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
well... no not really, as far as the aging is concerned

The point was more that, for smaller amounts, these are easy access, and maintain a good seal.

but when you introduce new air, and release the previously sealed, fermenting air (for lack of a better term as the air itself is not actually fermenting), you are essentially starting over.

Although, if you have really stuffed the jar tight, then perhaps the tobaccos towards the bottom won't be so much affected.

I'm not entirely sure, but it was more of an access thing and convenience, than aging apparatus
I dont think I would use them for aging. They do keep the moisture over a long period of time compared to just leaving it in the tin. For someone like myself who takes a decent amount of time to finish a tin, they are very nice. Also, I keep a few of them on my desk with tobacco in them. they look decent enough to leave laying around, and for the price (2-3$) they are well worth it. When I finish a tin, I just wash them out with some soapy water let them dry out, then crack open a new tin and put the contents into the glass jar.