View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 10:51 AM   #12
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whew!! Thought my vinotemp blew up on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
Check your surge protector. Good quality ones (usually $100+) have a replaceable fuse in addition to the magnetic trip so that when it stops a surge, you can replace the fuse and you're back in business.

Quick word of advice for people. Buy good quality surge protectors for your electronics. Cheap ones are only good for one surge, or maybe two to three minor blips before the magnetic trip switch is ruined and won't function.

Check Consumer Reports or check around online for purchase information.

I have my electronics all plugged into UPS boxes, which have built in surge protection (the very best kind too), and only cost about $200 each. These are well worth owning 2-3 of for your computers, TV's (hurricane hits? A UPS can charge about 100 AA-D cell batteries before depleting the internal charge!), etc etc.
Good advice Silound. Actually, we have everything else in the office plugged into two of them. Just not the devices that go into this particular outlet. I'm thinking I'll get another one now.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote