View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #35
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: USPS refund for late shipping and delivery failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
If a package is insured thru USPS, only the person who purchased the insurance (sender) can file a claim. If anyone claims otherwise, they're yankin' yer chain and trying to evade responsibility.
I know you are having fun with this issue, taking your jabs where you can, Peter, but now that
you have stated this twice in two different threads, allow me to show you EXACTLY where you
are wrong.... http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/609.htm
Direct your attention specifically to section 1.3, section b.

Who may file a claim

"Either the mailer or addressee who is in possession of the original retail mailing receipt,
or in possession of the online label record or computer printout of the Web-based application
as described in 3.1 d., for lost articles."

Any of the other sections where you feel you may be RIGHT on the issue that we both know you are
going on about, do NOT APPLY.

c. is for RETURN MERCHANDISE.
d. is for RETURN MERCHANDISE.
e. is for C.O.D.

I have no issues with reading comprehension. The regulations clearly state who may file.
Your opinion on my character based on hearing the complaints of your smoking buddy
have no bearing on the postal regulations. Furthermore I made significant efforts to make your
friend whole and have heard no more complaints from him as he smoked his way through those.
Perhaps when he is holding only ashes, he will start up again, but for now it appears that the real
issue is simply his lack of desire to collect on his insurance payment. I offered to mail him all of the
requisite paperwork to support his claim.

As for the post office, how they expect to look someone in the face and say that they will
not even ATTEMPT to collect on postage due articles, instead sending them off to some
holding facility somewhere where NO ONE wins, is beyond me. There is no surprise that
they are nearly bankrupt. When I was younger, you would simply get a card and be asked
to come and pay your ten cents or 5 dollars.