View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #30
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: USPS refund for late shipping and delivery failure

I can tell you for a 100% fact that if a package goes missing in the mail, through the post office's fault or the person (or my case the DB) that sent its fault, the only person that can file for any type of claim, mind you this includes requesting the package be looked for in the dead letter office (in ATL), is the person that physically mailed the letter or package.

Worth noting is the package goes missing in the system and there is no return address on it, God only knows why someone wouldn't put a return address on a package, the package will end up in ATL eventually, the sender can call and request a physical search for the package at that facility, again only the sender may request this, which makes sense because if the receiver never got the package he wouldn't know what the description was, it's up to the sender and if the sender refuses to do this, well that's just odd as well isn't it.

The only way someone who is on the receiving end may file a claim, is if that person received the package, whether it is empty, opened, items missing or damaged, the receiver may then take the package, remaining contents and any packing materials to the post office to file a claim. Mind you the sender may file the claim as well, not both, but one of the two.

As far as the claim you must be able to prove what was in the package, show receipts for value, various other forms of proof and a sample of your blood, they do not make it easy to file a claim.

As you can tell I've been through this to an extreme and sadly the sender was not willing to assist in the retrieval of the package or any claims or refunds.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 07-07-2013 at 10:51 PM.