Ring Gauge: 46
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Filler: Nicaragua

1) The Riches or The Wealth in Spanish.
2) An Old World Medium Bodied Cuban Style Cigar created by Pete Johnson

Wrapper: Naturally Dark USA Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Another Don Pepin Garcia (& Pete Johnson (Tatuaje)) creation.

Blended in the style of the Full Flavored Medium Bodied Cuban Cigars.
Cigars are rolled in Nicaragua with traditionally cuban box press in dress boxes.

La Riqueza is an old cuban brand name from the 1920's that was made in the Quintero factory in Cuba. The artwork replicates the original with a few updates, of course.

Rolled at Tabacalera Cubana in Esteli Nicaragua. The Riqueza wrapper is the product of the Oliva Tobacco Company. Triple cap.

Dress boxes of 25.

Name:  la riquieza jpeg.JPG2.JPG3.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  86.6 KB

First one notices the unique dark, tight wrapper with it's oily, toothy sheen and it's intense box press which almost flattens the cigar. This I believe it to give the feeling of being lighter, without heft in the hand (or mouth), and possibly made with less tobacco, so as to maintain the girth of a 46 ring gauge even after being pressed.

(click the images)
Name:  la riquieza jpeg.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG
Views: 420
Size:  90.2 KB

The draw was tight (as on many La Riqueza) on this "slight" stick, yet it burned very evenly throughout, imparting a good amount of smoke, yet due to it's seemingly light girth was not a comfortable "feel" in the hand (almost cigarette-like).

Name:  la riquieza jpeg.JPG2.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  80.7 KB

The flavors are very nice on this stick, the dark conneticut broadleaf imparting much of the flavor to this stick especially in a pressed 46 ring gauge, possibly leaving little room for filler. Though not very complex, the developing flavours were consistant and enjoyable.

Name:  la riquieza jpeg.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  87.8 KB

There was a semi-sweet leathery-ness and pleasant charred taste after the initial spice (and a noted dryness) died down that built as the stick progressed through the smoking. It began a wet earthiness, that wasn't so complex.

Name:  la riquieza jpeg.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  93.0 KB

It got stronger, yet hotter, as one reached the nub. The stick seem to end in any development as I reached the nub, nothing new, and I tasted everything it had to offer.
It had nice aromas throughout that I wished I could taste, but were somehow overpowered.

Overall: out of 10
Flavor 7
Burn/Draw 9
Appearance 9
Construct 7
Value 8 (most CG's aren't cheap because they come from premium brands, and are smaller smokes, so this is relative)
Smoking Experience 7
Total Avg. 7.83

Personal note: I have enjoyed many of the sizes of the La Riqueza, yet have been generally under-whelmed by the line, especially for the price/demand. The Robusto/Hermosa #4 size being the most enjoyable so far, perhaps due to its more square than flattened rectangle shape and it's slightly bigger girth giving it some more complexity. I really enjoyed the #4 the best, it was great!!! I think that the Tatuaje and Cabaiguan Guapo lines are a much better product IMHO. Yet, the La Riqueza definitely has it's niche and is a fine smoke. Recommend to try.