View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Corona Gordas - Tribute/Reviews/Comparison

Just wanted to chime in with another review of the Illusione CG:4 don't want to threadjack but I didn't feel the need to start a whole new thread either. Love the Corona Gorda size and am enjoying this thread.

Beautiful cigar. Picked it up at the St. Croix cigar in Hudson Wi. Nice shop with good folks unfortunately I didn't have time to hang out and herf.

The first couple of puffs were so spicy it almost felt acidic on the lips. This cigar started very strong and bitter. After about .5 inch it mellowed considerably and had some nice earthy flavors. Generally it was a well constructed and tasty cigar. I did a couple little touch ups but they weren't really necessary.

The main issue I had was this cigar had a very narrow window where you could get all of the flavors. You couldn't just sip it because it really didn't draw much smoke unless it was pretty hot on the other hand it got to hot very easily which wiped out all of the nice flavors. I also had to purge it more than once an inch to keep it from getting sharp and bitter. It would turn very quickly but after purging would be right back to those nice flavors.

It was just finicky for lack of a better term. I really enjoyed it and understand what people like about the cg:4 it just required a lot of attention.

Cheers
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote