View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about
Default Drinks I had last night.

Went to a very cool place last night in Dayton Ohio called The Side Bar. Turns out I know the girl working there, we worked for the same company years ago. This place prides itself on signature drinks and I can't complain, here is what we had:

The Wife had a Two Step, made with Tito's handmade vodka, raspberries, lemon and angostura bitters.

She isn't a big drinker and that one drink was enough for her for the entire evening.

I had:

Sidecar, made with Remy Martin VSOP, Laird's Applejack, Patron Citronge, lemon and house orange bitters.

Old fashioned, made with Bookers bourbon, sugar cane syrup, orange peel.

Sazerac, made with Wild Turkey rye, Lucid Absinthe and Peychaud's bitters.

Every one of those drinks were outstanding, especially that Old fashioned. The Sazerac was great but by the time I got to the bottom, that Anise flavor was a bit overpowering.

We left there, went looking for a place to grab a bite to eat and ended up at The Pub in nearby Beavercreek. We had some food and I topped of the night of good drinking with some 10 year old Glenkinchie single malt on the rocks.

Just wanted to share the story of some great drinks, I think we'll go back to The Side Bar often, it was a nice change from getting a drink at Applebees or TGI Fridays, thats for sure!

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote