Thread: Gin Thread!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #262
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Gin Thread!

Just found this thread. Not too much action here lately.

My go to favorites are Plymouth Gin and No. 3 London Dry Gin. I enjoy both of these neat or with Fever Tree or Q. Tonic.

My once and awhile gin is Leopold's American Small Batch Gin, made in Denver. The batch number on the bottle I now have is 1325. It is a monster with respect to botanical flavors, almost overwhelming for me. I cannot drink this neat, must have some tonic. The Juniper hit is huge!

My special occasion gin is the Monkey 47 Gin. I have a .375ml of which I am about 1/3 through. I was given it as a gift from my nephew, who works at a lounge in Denver, not sure where he got it. Anyway, It is an out of control monster, with monster hits of Juniper, Lemon and Pine Nut flavors. Juniper is the main botanical that coats the pallet on every sip. Overall, it offers a ton of flavors, far too many for my pallet to ID, but I do pick up a peppery spice, Sage and ginger now and again. It is a huge Gin!!!