View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Raralith
Death to the Unbelievers

Trading: (24)
Bolivar
Raralith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official Non Vinotemp Help Thread

1.) Does it have to be run by electrothermal?
Yes, if it uses a comperssor, it will sap out the humidity. Type in thermoelectric in Google and the wiki can explain how it works if you are curious.

2.) How do you set these up? Plug in and set the temp to what you want?
Open it, wipe it off with a cloth and water (some use baking soda too), and let it air dry for a day or two, than plug it in. I prefer cedar shelves and empty boxes from the B&M, but you do want Spanish Cedar in there for the humidity absorbtion and smell.

3.) Are beads at the bottom and top sufficient? About how much to use?
I spread mine around but basicly in the bottom, middle and top since I ordered 2 pounds. You can get the calucations off of Dave's Heartfelt site, on the left hand side there is a "caluclator" and you simply put in the dimensions.

4.) Any holes or anything that need to be plugged and if so how?
It counts on the model but most of these have drainage plugs. It counts on your area, whether there will be a lot of water on that tray. Personally, I'm leaving mine unplugged unless I see a lot of water in the tray, or my humidity is lowering and I'm recharing my beads way too often.

5.) Any other relevant information
I'd go there and take a real good look first, and than ask about the refun policy. If it doesn't work, just return it; no harm, no foul. Also, try to Google what you are eyeing and add the word "cigar" to the search to see if anyone else has tried it.
Raralith is offline   Reply With Quote