View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Back in the pool!!!

Passed my CPAT again today so I am back in the hiring pool for Charlotte Fire for 2012. I'm hoping this is finally my year. Not banking on it but it's can't hurt to dream about landing that dream job. Sick as a dog and I still managed to squeek through somehow but I wasn't going to let a cold keep me out of the hunt this year although the medic in rehab was not thrilled to hear I showed up sick. They send everyone to rehab after the course and after I settled down my heart rate was actually going up instead of down. They seemed alarmed at first so I mentioned that I loaded up on Dayquil to be able to make it out to the test prior to leaving the house in the morning. The Medic said that was the cause for the rise but grilled me for showing up sick. If I didn't show I would have been out of eliminated for the year so I sucked it up and mustered through it. It was pretty enjoyable to do it in the rain this year rather than hot and humid temps. Now the waiting game begins. Oddly enough when I went online to fill out a background questionnaire my app from last year is still showing active so I am hoping it may finally be my year!