View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #36
WaRevo
Still Watching My Back

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
WaRevo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tongue Bite..Va\Per recommendations?

One thing I am not an Expert, I was going to say maybe a bigger bowl pipe and longer Stem, However you are already using a Churchwarden so could be bowl size. There are just some Tobacco that I can't smoke in a Small bowl. I leave the small bowls for Flake and really dry tobacco. If it is WET at all it don't smoke well and BITES bad. Also I have found that if I dry my Tobacco that is most times wet I can smoke it all to the bottom of the bowl, IF it is wet it goes about 3/4 or little more then just gets to wet in the bowl to smoke. If I want to finish because of the Tobacco I will let it rest and Dry for the day and smoke it as my last bowl at night. Some people that that is nasty but you know what I have been smoking for 25 years and I don't smoke for anyone other then my own pleasure.

I don't know your pipe I assume that the Cob Churchwarden is a small bowl. I would try it in a Legend Cob and see if it smokes the same. I think you will find it don't and the Legend will smoke better with the bigger bowl. Infact may be a different all together experience.

For me I smoke to much and to often. I smoke some that I just can't stand and the next day in a different pipe I love it. Just have to remember the Pipe combo for tobacco. The key for me, I keep my pipes overly clean and use loads of Pipe cleaners on the tobaccos that need them. Some tobacco combos I can go a whole bowl and need 0 cleaners and some I need 2 or 3 uses. Some of my pipes I like them more with the Screw in stems because I can use cleaners all the way to the bowl by unscrewing it without the worry of messing up the briar. I to smoke Pipes and cigars. used to be 4 or so cigars and 1 or 2 pipes However with changing times and what not I now smoke a Cigar a day and 8 to 10 bowls of Tobacco. I could get away with 1 or 2 if I smoked Dunhill 965 or GLP JackKnife more. So far they put me down for the count LOL....

James
WaRevo is offline   Reply With Quote