View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #5593
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Anyone here have any experience with some of the entry level O/U target shotguns from manufacturers like CV, Stoeger, etc? Was at the range Friday with a couple friends and shot the sporting clays course. Have done it a couple other times and forgot how much fun it is.
Use caution, that shooting sport can be extremely addicting--and very expensive, if ya really get hooked. Only thing that's kept me out of it is the lack of courses within a short drive.

As to "how much" gun to buy for yourself right off the bat, get something that fits you well and operates reliably. Like any other type of firearm there's such a thing as going too cheap and winding up with something that breaks down with any serious amount of use. Takes the fun out of the whole day.

Sorry my advice is generic but the couple times I tried sporting clays it was with a decent O/U borrowed from a friend. Even with that limited experience I could tell the stock's dimensions weren't quite right for me, would have had to shop for something a little different than the one I used.