View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #35
smoke n' mirrors

Default Re: Tatuaje Black Label Tubo

Hey! New to Cigar Asylum, and I wanted to say hi and love the forum!! It's the best I've seen, that's for sure!

I agreed on the Tatuaje Black tubos after my first one 2 months ago(straight from the truck)....bland and lacking any flavor, and didn't resemble any TAT I've had to date. It really f-ing sucked! Today, after 2 months of rest in the humi at around 67% humidity(with the caps off the tubes), I tried another one. WOW! What a difference! I found it to be extremely complex, at first teasing me with possible full TAT flavor, but not quite getting there. But the first third had good, solid full flavor with thin, wispy gray smoke. Then, about a third into it, I was tasting that "brown label" type flavor....a tangy, twangy leathery smoke that lasted until the end. It was at that point medium to full. And what a long smoke....I downed a few Sam Adams "Nobil Pils" beers with this torpedo. What a great mix! I think that you need to rest these and not rush to judgement on them. They are like Cuban smokes in that regard, imho. Let 'em rest a few months and you should like 'em too!