View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Montezuma's Revenge

Back in my bachelor days, which actually have extended to 48 here lately, I used to make a dish for my roomates
called Montezuma's Revenge. It was reasonably apt naming. For the uninitiated, it could provoke an outbreak of
the actual M.R. It came about when my mother gave me a book called "The Save Your Own Life Diet" Now I don't
diet, but I do love my Mother. Diets are for people who have to be given a regimen in order to accomplish the
same thing as plain old will power in the end, eat less and excercise. And ironically plain will power will get you as
far as the diet, and without one, you can't hope for the other to work anyway, so why add a middleman? But after
reading this line, I HAD to make this dish. I am paraphrasing here, but basically in order to have bowel movements
that were firm, bulky and relatively odor free, you should eat this or that or the other thing from a list. One of the
things was Corn Masa.

So I get a sack of this kind of corn flour and I make a dough, and I roll out thin strips of masa and fry em in oil.
Diet circumvented, lol. I take a layer of these fried strips of thin masa meal and layer them with 2 kinds of cheese
like lasagna in a pan. Jalapenos can be added to add the final insult to Montezuma's Revenge, and it will hurt.

Also add layers of meat sauce created by browning a pound of ground meat, draining fat (yay, savings) and then
adding a chopped onion to the meat, sauteeing the onion til clear. Add a half-tablespoon of cumin, two tablespoons
of chili powder, a teaspoon of garlic powder, a can of tomato sauce and one of tomato paste, and salt and your
choice of pepper to personal taste. Simmer til thick. Combine cheese, meat and strips of masa in layers to make
a lasagna and top with cheese again. The flavor is phenomenal. The $hi+ will be the opposite of firm, bulky and
relatively odor free, but the dish, if you can stand to make it after me mentioning BMs twice, is awesome.

By the way, that diet worked, but the most important thing was the relatively odor free. It was true.
Not in THISrecipe, but the foods worked well in concert and for the most part the book was NOT a POS.

Last edited by OLS; 05-06-2011 at 10:28 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote