View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #45
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tongue Bite..Va\Per recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Pipe cleaners are your friend. Use them liberally. Use them between lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
I keep forgetting to do this.

Is this still necessary on a Peterson system? How about a filtered pipe? Savinelli will be my next pipe.
I am not a fan of Peterson pipe, their "system" pipes seem to be nothing more than a pooling system for tongue bite, at least for me. And, they are the worst pipes to try and break in, the crap the use to coat the inside of the pipe seems to do more to make a pipe smoke hot and the natural cooling nature of the porous briar is severely inhibited. (Of course, many people love them)

As for the Savinelli, you will receive filters and an inserts for if you do not use the filters. You may try the filters if you so desire, that is you prerogative. Personally, the filter in any pipe are a nuisance and inhibit air flow, thus causing friction in the flow and sometimes enhancing tongue bite.

They also get in the way of the liberal use of a pipe cleaner while smoking.

Oh, and never take a pipe apart when it is warm.

Another thing, if a pipe cleaner does not pass while a pipe is unlit, it will probably cause bite. When I look at new pipes, I run a pipe cleaner through it while put together, it should pass through to the bottom of the bowl with minimal effort (as the tip of cleaner might be bent, you may have to turn it a bit to get it to pass through). Reputable shops will understand and have no problem with my doing so. I once found a Don Carlos that still had the drill filings in the stem - it was a royal pain. I have even sent pipes back I ordered online as they arrived and a pipe cleaner would not pass through in any way.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd