Old 10-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about
Default Joining the Navy in May

I will be graduating with my Pharm.D. in May next year and shortly after will taking licensing exams etc to become a practicing pharmacist.

I have decided on my first job after school, and that is to be a pharmacist in the Navy. I've interviewed, done my security clearance and am waiting on another month to pass so I can do my physical and ultimately, Lord willing, get "selected" (so that I can get loan repayment etc).

I'm posting this here because my recruiter, who has always been upfront and forthcoming, is driving up to Amarillo, from Dallas, to meet and chat (she has some other prospects up here too) on tuesday the 20th.

So, I have a list of questions for her about the selection process, getting stationed etc. and I've gained a LOT of info in the past six months from my med center visit and all that.

But I'm curious what I should ask her from a day-to-day perspective. What kinds of things have you guys learned in your service that you wish you knew to ask about ahead of time? I know what I want to know about finances and locations, but not about daily life details that you don't learn about until you're in.

Any help appreciated, thanks guys
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote