View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Cake Building Strategies

For many, there is no strategy for cake creation in a new or refurbed pipe. They just start smoking and come-cake what may. For them what are smoking cobs and meers, cake doesn't even come into the equation - except how to keep it from building up on the clay.

But for the rest of us, we gaze into the chamber of just-smoked pipes, new or old, and wipe loose ash, scan for unsmoked flakes of weed and look to see what the cake looks like. Normally I am not too possessed about how or when cake builds but, recently, I've been working to build a classic conical cake in the lower half of two hot-smoking pipes. Progress is slow.

I got bored with Carter Hall after a pouch but liked how it built cake noticeably faster than Virgina tobak. About two weeks ago I mixed some Escudo 50/50 with Carter Hall (in the pouch) and continued to march. It tastes interesting and is doing the job pretty well.

Do you have a strategy or non-strategy?