Thread: Neck stiffness
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Neck stiffness

Is it possible you hyper extended your neck? Its easy to do. I did it when I was younger just turning my neck to fast to check the clock.

Symptoms

There are a number of symptoms that indicate hyperextension of the neck. The first of these is neck pain. This pain is generally felt along either side of the spine at the back of the neck, although there is also pain whenever the neck is moved. It is also common for there to be a stiff neck, headache, muscle spasms, tenderness along the back of the neck, and sometimes a tingling or numbness in the upper body or shooting pain from the neck into the shoulder and down the arm.
Diagnosis

Hyperextension of the neck is usually diagnosed via a physical examination of the neck and a medical history, including details of the accident that caused the injury. X-rays may be taken if fracture is suspected. It is best to seek medical attention immediately after an accident if there is any concern of possible neck injury.
Treatment

If paramedics think an injury to the neck is possible, then a neck brace is applied and the patient transported to the hospital. Hyperextension of the neck will heal over time and it is necessary to do range of motion exercises to ensure the healing goes well. In addition, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, NSAIDs, can be taken to reduce the pain and swelling associated with the injury. If the pain is severe, then narcotic medication can be used and muscle relaxing medications can be used if muscle spasms occur. Other helpful treatments include cool compresses and physical therapy.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/46...#ixzz2ZzniFl4H

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote