Thread: Tom Brady
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #48
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Three points here to address.

First, I don't like A-Rod, and won't defend him, beyond saying that giving him 3X the punishment meted out to those who DID fail a PED test when he DID NOT seemed extreme, especially when this punishment was largely based upon the testimony of a confessed criminal who offered his testimony to ameliorate his own punishment by throwing A-Rod under the bus. But to accuse the NFL of going after Brady because he is a Patriot while simultaneously applauding MLB for going after A-Rod because he is a Yankee is specious nonsense, especially in light of the fact that A-Rod's only truly documented violation of PED use occurred when he was a Ranger, not a Yankee.

Second, no one in their right mind would put A-Rod's reputation on the same plane as Jeter's. Such would be nearly as foolish as was the 2006 assertions by Red Sox fans that Papelbom was a better closer than Rivera.

Lastly, be it offered jokingly or not, the threat of a violent unsportsmanlike reaction by Pats fans the next time the Colts visit Gillette is disturbing. However, given a history of such actions in Boston venues in the past, such a warning is not surprising in the least. Admittedly, Boston fans are not alone in this, but they certainly have an established track record of bad behavior.
Papelbon isn't even as good a human being as Mo, few are; another class act. I wasn't threatening anything; I was just pointing out what is already well known: Boston fans are insane and now they're pissed-off. Up here, sports are like war.