View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #1818
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Sheesh, how can you ever read through all the glut I posted...I still suggset doing it, lol, but I am beginning
to see a crack in the plan here...You seemed to indicate you want a capable camera in the STYLE of a DSLR or
even "like your sister's Rebel". If that is indeed the case, and you want to tweak knobs and hold a camera that
looks and feels capable of getting the close-to-pro images of a DSLR, then I would simply say, clear the decks,
blow off the HD video and go for this camera.

I respect the hell out of Canon, but now they scare me to death. I like all the big names like Olympus and Nikon.
But Fujifilm quietly makes a really nice camera and for the price I think it is tough to beat the style, features
and image quality of that S100 FS. Or even that P7000. I think that the one you are looking at is woefully
short in user controls and image quality. CMOS is great for video and for giant Megapixel counts, but not a good
way to get solid image performance under an array of lighting conditions.

Keep in mind the model I linked to IS A USED camera, and while 8+ is fairly high on the B&H condition scale for
used gear, it might be a bit nicked, usually simply scratches in the LCD coating. It's only a factor when it is OFF,
I personally find...purely cosmetic. I have three used B&H cameras and they are all great, except for the devil
Canon which I intend to toss into a dumpster. It's Canon's fault, not B&H.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote