View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #790
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Aren't the same staff people working at P&C as before? If so, it would be nice to blame CI, but the problems would still be P&C's issues.

Bad hole drilled is a Peterson QC issue. Should P&C caught it? Possibly. Maybe you check such things regularly. But, if you get busy, can things get missed, especially if you do not expect such things from a company like Peterson?

P&C has been too good a company, for too long, to just write off.

Peace of The Lord be with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
Agree! I should have asked them to look at it, so it's really on me. Then I smoked it, so it's really, REALLY on me

Rev, you are a true asset to these forums. Thank you so much for all of your help!
My apologies. The red colored "you"s above were meant to apply to P&C, not to "you." I was meaning that working in the store when stock comes in can often mean you get distracted from one task by an immediate customer or something - then you come back and maybe pipe gets missed. Or, you (P&C or any other Sales Co.) expect quality product, the day is busy, you just stock the shelf without really looking.

Hey, I remember getting a pipe from an online store. It was a higher end pipe from a well-known, reputable store. Got the pipe and a cleaner would not pass through the stem. As it was a straight pipe, I tried to look through the pipe, couldn't see light through it. When all was said and done, we determined that all the drill shavings were still stuck in the stem. Smoked great when I got them out, but it passed QC at the manufacturer and the store.

Peace of the Lord be with you.