View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #2687
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailTheBrownLeaf View Post
How long do Bovedas generally last in a tupperdor before I should change them???

Basically I have two Spanish cedar trays stacked on top of each other in my 7 litre Klip-It tupperdor container with one 65% Boveda in each tray. My top tray is full of sticks and the bottom tray has 1 stick in it.

However my hygro hasn't been going anywhere over 58% RH for awhile even though I just added 6 more sticks from my local B&M to my top tray this past Friday.

Yet neither of my Bovedas feel dry or crunchy. What gives??

Also for what it's worth if this matters any, my tupperdor is inside a Coleman cooler with 3 of those refreezable ice block thingies to keep my cigar temperature between 67-72F according to my hygro since I live in an apartment with no A/C and our superintendent turned the heaters on for winter now. The ice blocks aren't touching my tupperdor though.

Should I switch to 69% Bovedas for awhile?? With winter coming soon I probably won't be smoking much now...if anything, until next spring as I smoke outside.
That is your problem Ice packs will create condensate and that water has to come from somewhere. Maintaining a low temp is not necessary. Only constant temps above 70-72 could lead to a problem. Ditch those packs!
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote