View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #113
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Firearms II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijit View Post
My experience with suppressors has been limited to smaller and subsonic calibers. That being said the recoil on those is reduced by about 30%. This is mostly due to the added weight of the barrel. I imagine it would be roughly the same in larger bore rifles. Your muzzle lift I think will be reduced significantly but your recoil or backwards push will likely be very similar. I think you would be much better served in that resolve with a compensator or muzzle brake.
I stopped at the shop this morning and got a price on having it threaded and for a brake. The gunsmith said the brake would help a lot. I will drop it off next week with a turn around time of three weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Bush out a catalytic converter, slide it on, and weld it to that barrel, Halitosis.
That'll give you a little weight out front to hold that thing down and slow up the jack.
Ha! Maybe for a BMG Scott!
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote