View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone here buy beef from a local farm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
If you can buy a half. When you buy a quarter a lot of times you kind if get burned. The other thing is you really have to have faith in the seller and processor. The angus thing makes no difference IMO but the grain fed makes a huge difference in the quality of the meat.
I'm trying to decide if I'll have enough room for that much. I do have a ~ 20 cubic feet freezer and I'm not sure how much space a half would take. I also have a rack with a basket that should slide, but I can't use it because one of the glides on the inside of the freezer kind of gave out and won't support any weight in that basket to speak of. Not really sure how I can reinforce it without doing anything to poke through something that maybe I shouldn't poke a screw through. That loses 3-4 cubic feet I bet. Their website says it'll take up 13-14 cubic feet of space for a half. Maybe I'll mess with it a bit and see if I can figure something out.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote