View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No more Saturday USPS

This quotation is the ringer. It's banned by Congress. It'll be reinstated in March. Donahoe can "interpret" all he wants, but what he interprets doesn't mean squat.

"Congress has included a ban on five-day delivery in its appropriations bill. But because the federal government is now operating under a temporary spending measure, rather than an appropriations bill, Donahoe says it's the agency's interpretation that it can make the change itself.
"This is not like a 'gotcha' or anything like that," he said. The agency is essentially asking Congress not to reimpose the ban when the spending measure expires on March 27 and he said he would work with Congress on the issue."

I've always wondered "why the constant battle?"
Anyone can look at the USPS operation and it's glaringly obvious that they pinch every single dime until it screams in pain. They won't even pay someone to clean the floors but once a week.
Congress can easily allow them to raise their rates. If they'd allow them to make a profit, the PO could invest in better ways to do things. But they can't.
It'd be nice if the PO could get outside help, like from UPS or FedEx. Or work some sort of deal and quasi-privatize. Just something to make them not suck, and make it a good-looking, well-staffed, awesome organization.
I didn't mean suck in the sense of the job they do, because they're freakin awesome. I meant suck as in the image they put forth.