DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test Thread #2

Riff Raff Cigar #2

Okay so when I saw this little number, I didn't know if it was a cigar or one of those crunchy bread sticks you get at some Italian food restaurants. This is one delicate cigar. I estimate the size with by calibrated eyeball to be about a 6.5 inch X 24 ? Hmm...

Nice construction. Maybe a bit veiny but no big deal. I clipped the cap with my Palio and tested the draw. Oh hell. Here we go again. A tight draw, but not as tight as last weeks. A little bit of hay could be tasted on the pre-light.

First Third: A nice dark gray ash. A bit earthy with a hint of spice. The ash holds for about an inch before falling. The ash was doing a weird elephant trunk deal where it would curl up.

Second Third: The retro-hale added a bit of a toasty element of the cigar. The earthiness held and some sweet tobacco flavors were coming through. The volume of smoke was lacking, but I counted that to the tight draw.

Last Third: It went out. I mean there was no hint of it dying. It just went out! Bam! After relight and purge the sweet tobacco flavor was more prominent and some spice started to kick in. The volume of smoke increased exponentially! Hurray! The draw loosened up! Now we are getting somewhere!

Overall impression: Not a bad smoke. It had some draw issues until the last third. It had a pretty even burn and a nice clean finish.

Would I buy this again? Probably not. A big fat ole Ralph Cramden looking guy like myself smoking a bread stick just doesn't look right!

I give this one an 8.5

If I were to guess, I would say a habano.