View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #51
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Let's see those '11 gardens!

Here is my row garden:

What I am most surprised at, is that I am getting anything to grow at all. Florida is mostly sand, and I barely did anything to remedy the soil before hand. I just keep adding compost tea and letting mother nature work.

As you can see, the early straight neck and the crookneck summer squash are already fruiting. I don't know how you guys get such large squash plants, but as long as mine keep producing fruit, I am ok with little green.

Almost all of my sweet peppers died. I don't know why, but I assume it was ants. Oh well, the bell peppers are doing ok right now.

You can't really see, but those pole beans are almost over my 7' high trellis. I am amazed at how those things grow.

My European melons are doing well now. It took a while for them to start growing, but they seem to grow an inch or more everyday now.

I'll have to get some pictures of my soybeans. I am not sure if they are going to survive. The entered the nitrogen fixing stage and seemed to have a hard time coming out of it. So we shall see.