View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #28
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: This "Only GRINDERS" thread is not for you if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
And it is and always be the "Shack Grinder"

So assuming she loves me alot and I have an 18 inch high counter area that is 3x2... the specific reccomendation is....
They do make a shorter hopper for the Mazzer these days but, short or tall it's my first pick. Nobody ever got one and said, "Feh. This thing sucks."

The Macap may be the equal of the Mazzer for a few clams less and, in most peoples opinion, it comes in a package more pleasing to the eye. It lacks history to speak for future performance but looks great in the here and now.

Macap owners tend toward an irrational exuburance - and a jingoistic, "My grinder, right or wrong!" mentality which cannot be explained by anything except the poisonous, toxic gasses Macaps release, Mazzer owners claim. I think the imbalances that have occured in BigWaved and ResIpsa since they got Macaps validates the Mazzerian argument.

The Rocky is a legendary, fine grinder for a younger (or less worldly) man than yourself, Dave; it's a finely tuned 599cc crotch rocket in the shadow of a Harley Ultra Classic. (gentle shrug - fine grinder, a Rocky, but not up to the demands of someone who may pursue coffee with even 10% of the vigor you pursue cigars. C'mon...

Let Jane decide. If you get a Macap just keep a few windows open to cross-ventilate. Hope this is helpful.

http://www.1st-line.com/machines/com...nder/index.htm

Last edited by Mister Moo; 11-04-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Mister Moo is offline   Reply With Quote