View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #983
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaRevo View Post
I bought a pear root pipe and sadly was very unhappy with it. For the price of most the ones I seen back then I could have picked up a nice smoking Briar same price and less in some cases. I don't know what kind of Tobacco you plan to smoke out of it, What I seen is that the pipe didn't like to build a cake and it smoked hot. Also was a little bit of wood burning. A friend of mine liked the look of the pipe and wanted it so I was more then happy to let him have it.

James
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Gotcha! Thank you.
Glad someone else had an answer. I was going to say this...

After the past couple hundred years of pipe smoking, briar, meeshaum, corn cob, (and to some extent, clay) pipe are now presently widely accepted and available. I know that there are many other things that have been tried. As those 3 (4) are the ones that are "readily" available, I doubt that pear root is a good choice.

But, that was only to be my

Peace of the Lord be with you.