View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #1612
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Photography Thread

Specific gear depends a bit on what kind of photography you're planning on focusing on and how your getting to where you go. Driving all the time? Will you always have your car as a "home base" to store extra stuff you don't have with you?

Im generally a landscape/architecture guy. Ill have it all jammed into a Pelican 1510 roller case. I do also have a canon backpack if i do venture off. Most recently i have been looking into the Sun sniper one pro leather camera strap. Any experience?

www.thinktankphoto.com makes terrific gear belts n pouches. I highly recommend their stuff. I also have a number of them, so if you have "what do you think of X" questions, shoot me a message.

I was looking at their pixelposcket rocket to hold all the cf cards. I like my otter box but its bulky.

I took a lowepro slingshot 200AW with me to London years ago. PRO was that I had all my gear QUICKLY accessible in a unobtrusive looking sling bag (1Dmk2, 17-40,70-200,85,flash). CON that I discovered the hard way is that after many weeks of all that weight bearing down on one shoulder is NOT a good thing. Recommend the bag for short trips / days... but not for long days / many days.

Take a look at www.lensbaby.com , it might fit some of what you're doing on the inspirational side of life. I've had a Muse and a Control Freak for many years. I rarely use them, but they're loads of fun when I do!!

I loved mine before I got the 24TSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Nice Wolfgang, I am officialy happy for you and unofficially jealous.
Quite a bit of negative things are stacking up right now so i jumped on the F it train and am going to enjoy myself. Plus working retail for the holiday season has killed xmas for me.