Thread: Meerschaum
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
IKMeerschaum

Default Re: Meerschaum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
Let me see if IKMeerschaum will join us over here... He is an excellent resource on these matters.
Thanks for the kind words and the invite to join you folks over here.

Obviously as an importer and reseller ourselves, I'd strongly recommend buying from the Tobacco Barn.

Small (also known as mini-pipes) and medium pipes can differ in size fairly significantly.

Small or mini pipes are generally used for "sidewalk smokes" or break pipes. Most people will get between 5 and 15 minutes per bowl depending upon their smoking style. We sell a lot of these to stores that cater to different leafy products as well.

The Medium pipes are probably between 1/2 and 3/4 the size of a regular pipe. They are usually good for 30 minute smokes (your mileage may vary of course) and are a good, inexpensive entry point into the world of meerschaum. They generally will come with a custom-fitted case to protect them and they use REAL sized stems (as opposed to the mini or small pipes which, as you can see from the image above) use a clear-plastic stem that is significantly smaller than those used on pipes that are medium and above.

I hope that answers your questions, or at least gives you some food for thought. If you have any other questions, now that I've got an account here, feel free to post in this forum, or probably better yet, PM me and I'll reply as quickl and as best I can.

MJG
-----------
http://www.meerschaumpipes.com/