DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb (and not-so-newb) Blind Taste Test #6

Ripplingh2o Cigar #3

Initial observations - 5.0" x 42RG medium brown wrapper, densely composed, firmly packed cigar with a woodsy aroma. Used my Xikar V-cutter. Thought I smelled a hint of cocoa so I chose to pair it with a cup of Swiss Miss. Toasted at 9:55 a.m.

First 1/3 - Right off the first draw I know this is going to be another wonderful cigar. Excellent draw with rich, creamy smoke and only the smallest hint of pepper thru the retrohale. Pairs superbly with my hot chocolate. As usual, I can't pinpoint any particular notes or nuances regardless of how I "sip" or retro but that doesn't detract from its enjoyment. As I now progress to the second 1/3, the initial gray & white ash remains solidly intact.

Second 1/3 - Watched some YouTubers last night as they reviewed various sticks touting proclamations of cedar, vanilla bean, licorice, apricot, leather, citrus, toasted almond, graham cracker, & yes, even hot biscuits. I'm encouraged to discover my cigar palate, but likened to the Herman's Hermits lyric, "second verse, same as the first". This stick continues to be rich & creamy without any harshness. Burn by the way, is razor sharp.

Last 1/3 - Finally, there seems to be a slightly noticeable transition. IDK, maybe a honey or almond note or a hint of toffee flavor .? The Mrs. just visited me in the garage and remarked, "oh, that one sure smells good."
Final thoughts - I didn't have one of those fancy nub holders like Adam has, so I used a 10 penny nail from off my workbench to keep from burning my fingers. Great smoke Dan, thank you. Mirroring the 2nd cigar, I hope this is one I can buy in the future. Overall rating - since it was a tad better than cigar #2,

I'll give it a 9.0. Smoke time: 45 minutes.

On to cigar #4 in a couple days or so.