BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Alcohol on the cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
I highly doubt they would kick you off the ship (from my experience on a cruise ship). They would probably take your alcohol. The cruise ship is responsible for you and to leave you behind for having alcohol in the room seems extreme. I went on a cruise to Bermuda last summer and we put booze in water bottles and mouth wash bottles (the whitening ones that you can't see through) and had no issues getting it onboard or storing it in the room and we saved a ton of money since beers were $6 for domestic and $7 for import beers and mixed drinks were $7. I was on the Norwegian Spirit for what it's worth.
It would certainly be extreme - I'm sure they reserve the right to do so, however. I didn't mean to imply that they would go searching through the room for it - I'm sure if its well-concealed, it won't be discovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
Cruise ships don't let you bring alcohol because it would kill their profit structure. That said you can bring it but it won't be allowed past security. They will tag and store it then release it to you after cleared with US Customs. They will declare the amount you bought for you so if you go apeshit on the purchasing you will likely be charged some IRT.
This makes sense.