jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Alcohol on the cruise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Keep in mind that cruises frown upon bringing alcohol on the ship. I know at least Royal Carribean considers the discovery of alcohol in your room as grounds to kick you off the ship at the next port of call. I don't know if they'd actually do it, but the threat is there. They make a lot of money off the booze they sell on the boat - they don't want you drinking your own. Maybe they have some way to store the stuff you buy until the cruise is over. Just something to be aware of.
I highly doubt they would kick you off the ship (from my experience on a cruise ship). They would probably take your alcohol. The cruise ship is responsible for you and to leave you behind for having alcohol in the room seems extreme. I went on a cruise to Bermuda last summer and we put booze in water bottles and mouth wash bottles (the whitening ones that you can't see through) and had no issues getting it onboard or storing it in the room and we saved a ton of money since beers were $6 for domestic and $7 for import beers and mixed drinks were $7. I was on the Norwegian Spirit for what it's worth.